Everyone knows that knives are very important in every kitchen, not just professional ones. You can’t do a good job without a high-quality set of knives and sub-par ones just won’t do what they’re supposed to. Inferior knives will ruin your perfect steak while you’re trying to cut it, they will never be precise and they will frustrate you endlessly. That is no way to keep a kitchen.
You need the best kitchen knives set in order to do your job thoroughly. But do you know what to look for in a knife? What characteristics should you pay attention to in kitchen knives set reviews? Let’s find out.
Table of Index:
- Detailed Comparison Table of Best Knives for Kitchen
- Independent Review of Top 10 Best Kitchen Knives Set
- Benefits of Best Kitchen Knives Set
- Features to look for in best kitchen knives set
|Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Signature||19||Yes||$$$$||5.0|
|Victorinox Swiss Classic||15||Yes||$$$$||4.8|
|Mercer Culinary M20000 Genesis||6||No||$$$||4.7|
|Chicago Cutlery 1119644||18||Yes||$$$||4.7|
|Cuisinart 15-Piece Stainless Steel||15||Yes||$$||4.6|
|JA Henckels International 35309-000||12||Yes||$$||4.6|
|Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery||17||Yes||$$||4.6|
|Victorinox 4-3/4-Inch Straight-Edge||6||Yes||$$||4.5|
10. Victorinox 4-3/4-Inch Straight-Edge Pointed-Tip Steak Knife, Set of 6, Rosewood Handles
Victorinox is one of the highest quality brands out there, as the inventors of the original Swiss Army knife. This great set comes with 6 high-carbon stainless steel knives whose blades can be re-sharpened however many times you want. The comfortable handles are made of rosewood, which is not only a quality material, but also a beautiful one. You will notice that all kitchen knives set reviews will mention this set’s durability.
9. Calphalon Contemporary Cutlery, Set with Knife Block, 17-Piece
This set features 17 pieces, each coming with a labelled handle, for easy identification. The handles are ergonomically shaped (the best kitchen knives sets always have these handles) for comfort and precision and the blades are made of high carbon, stainless German steel that bears re-sharpening. More details, including a description of the knives included is available on Amazon.
8. JA Henckels International 35309-000 Knife Block Set, 12-Pieces
The JA Henckels International set features 12 pieces and it is one of the best kitchen knives sets on the market, when it comes to small tasks, like peeling. This one should not be missing from anyone’s kitchen.
7. Cuisinart 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set
Kitchen knives set reviews always rave about block sets and this is no exception, with 15 pieces made of stainless steel that will complete your kitchen. Dicing, slicing, paring, you can do whatever you want, including sharpen them with the sharpening steel that comes in the set.
6. AmazonBasics Premium 18-Piece Knife Block Set
Some call this the best kitchen knives set, and if we were to listen to kitchen knives set reviews, then that’s the case. This 18-piece set provides you with every knife your kitchen needs and it comes with stainless steel blades of all sizes and weighted handles, for comfort.
5. Chicago Cutlery 1119644 Fusion Forged 18-Piece Knife Block Set, Stainless Steel
With 18 pieces to pick and choose from, it’s easy to see why this Chicago Cutlery set is a favorite of kitchen knives set reviews. The quality is top-notch, featuring high carbon stainless steel forged blades that are good enough for professionals. The handles are created especially with comfort in mind, so that even amateur cooks can feel like professional chefs.
4. Mercer Culinary M20000 Genesis 6-Piece Forged Knife Block Set, Tempered Glass Block
Kitchen knives set reviews recognize quality when they see it, which is obvious, when it comes to this product. Mercer have outdone themselves with this professional grade, elegant knife set that can not only get the cooking done, but can also be proudly displayed on your counter. The European quality of their components can be felt and enjoyed in any kitchen, professional or amateur. One of the best kitchen knives sets.
3. Victorinox Swiss Classic 15-Piece Cutlery Block Set
Only the best kitchen knives sets can make the top three, and this Victorinox set is one of them. Kitchen knives set reviews will indicate its outstanding quality, characteristic to the brand, as well as the great comfort of the handles. Sharp blades and Swiss quality describe this set perfectly.
2. Wusthof Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Set with Block
Wusthof Gourmet is known for making the best knives on the market, which is a fact confirmed by kitchen knives set reviews. No one can go wrong with this block set, as the 12 stainless steel pieces will cover all of your slicing, dicing and chopping needs and so much more. A sharpening steel is included, so that you can ensure your tools remain as sharp-bladed as the day you received them.
1. Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Signature 19-Piece Knife Set with Block
The best kitchen knives set has unanimously been chosen by kitchen knives set reviews to be this Zwilling J.A. Henckels one, and with good reason. It features not 12, not 15, but 19 pieces, all of exceptional quality and exquisite design. They are sharp, comfortable, durable and created from high carbon, not stain steel. They are light in your hand and come with a lifetime warranty. The quality cannot be beat with this one, so check out the price on Amazon.
For a long time, I had no idea there was any difference between knives or knives sets. A knife is a knife, right? They’re all the same. Well, I was wrong. I hadn’t realized it, but my cheap, dull, uncomfortable and low quality knives were really slowing up the cooking process and made it more of a hassle for me than it should have been. Chopping onions was my most hated chore and peeling potatoes took way longer than it should have. The knife handle left marks in the palm of my hand, too. Then, I was introduced to one of the best kitchen knives set on the market and believe it or not, it changed the way I cook. Only now do I notice what a tremendous difference it makes, because the cooking process is faster, the cut is sharp, they don’t get dull as quickly and I don’t have to replace them as often. There is no comparison.
- Lifetime Warranty – You should ideally be looking for knives that provide lifetime warranty because many things could go wrong including sharpness and breaking handles.
- Sharpness – This is a knife’s most important aspect. If it’s not sharp enough, it is not a quality tool and it does not do its job how it should be. Sharper knives means they are more dangerous, but you know what they say, if you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen!
- Material – Stainless steel is the way to go, when it comes to knives. Generally, all knives are made of stainless steel, but there are also non-metallic alternatives, such as ceramic. Some kitchen knives set reviews argue that ceramic knives are even better, but unlike steel ones, they chip, so be aware of that.
- Durability – The best knives sets are not for one-time use; you should have them your entire life. Sure, they’re going to need re-sharpening, but good quality knives can be used again and again, with equally good results as the very first time.
- Comfort – Many people don’t know this, but the handle is just as important as the blade. The knife handle should be made of quality wood or plastic, it should be non-slippery and it should feel comfortable in your hand.